Mobile Monday Amsterdam is pleased to announce its support for the Vodafone Mobile Clicks 2010 startup competition. With last years success for Dutch startups (Layar came first and took home 75.000 euros, MobyPicture got second and won 50.000 euros) we already looking forward to this year’s entries, so be sure to submit yours and win 150,000 euros! Everything from market-ready product to idea/concept-only is eligible to enter the competiton!
The price money is going te be split between two winners (100K first, 50K second). Entries from 3 countries will be taking part in the competition, besides NL and UK from last year, this year Portugal has also joined in. From each country the 5 top entries will be selected by a mixed local/global jury (Marc will be representing MoMoAms in the Dutch jury). The shortlist of 5 entries per country will be narrowed down to 1 entry per country that will participate in the final on September 24th during the PICNIC Festival. The jury will consist of some great names in the mobile industry, including some previous MoMoAms speakers such as Om Malik (GigaOm), Russell Buckley (AdMob) and Rudy DeWaele (Mobile 2.0 / MoMo Barcelona/Madrid)
For a startup Vodafone Mobile Clicks is a great opportunity. It’s free (no costs to enter the competition), it takes little time to enter the competition (approx. 1 hour), you get valuable feedback by a world-class jury and free PR. Oh, and did we mention the prize money already? :-) If you want to submit an entry for the competition head over to http://www.vodafonemobileclicks.com (entries can be submitted until August 22nd). Good luck!
See below for the judging criteria and entry critera.
- originality, creativity and innovation
- technical and operational feasibility
- economic and financial viability
- value to end-users
- quality of the management team
- Vodafone Mobile Clicks 2010 is open to any individual residing in Netherlands, Portugal or the United Kingdom from the age of 18 years and to Dutch, Portuguese and UK-based start-up companies, businesses, institutions and all other organisations.
- Participants must be or must have the intention to become a start-up enterprise/business in the field of mobile internet products or services. Start-up means that the enterprise/business cannot be older than three years since its inception.
- Each participant may submit only one entry.
- (Previous Dutch/UK) Entries from Vodafone Mobile Clicks 2008 and 2009 are allowed to participate again in Vodafone Mobile Clicks 2010.